CS/SB 408: Adoption
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Campbell
Adoption; requires petitioner in proceeding for termination of parental rights to provide notice to Vital Statistics Office of DOH; prohibits office from recording claim of paternity after date that termination of parental rights is filed; modifies consent required for adoption; provides that interest that entitles person to notice of adoption must be direct, financial & immediate; provides construction & applicability, etc. Amends 63.054,.062,.182.
Last Action: 5/2/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Substituted HB 7151 -SJ 00803; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7151 (Ch. 2006-265)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children and Families; Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 01/24/06, 2:00 pm, 301-S
• Favorable with 6 amendment(s) by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Judiciary -SJ 00068; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 01/24/06, 2:00 pm, 301-S; Favorable with 6 amendment(s) by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/06, 1:45 pm, 401-S
• CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00648
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00647
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Substituted HB 7151 -SJ 00803; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7151 (Ch. 2006-265)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.