CS/SB 432: Restoration of Civil Rights
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Wilson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Miller ; Lawson ; Hill ; Bullard
Restoration of Civil Rights; requires that administrator of county detention facility provide application form for restoration of civil rights to prisoner who has been convicted of felony & is serving sentence in that facility; provides that act does not apply to prisoners who are transferred to DOC.
Last Action: 4/28/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 55 -SJ 00679; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 55 (Ch. 2006-174)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/14/06, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 00070; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00191; Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00191; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/14/06, 9:00 am, 401-S; Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/06, 1:45 pm, 401-S
• CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00648
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00647
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 55 -SJ 00679; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 55 (Ch. 2006-174)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.