CS/CS/SB 436: Social Status/Black Men & Boys
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Wilson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hill ; Miller ; Crist ; Bullard
Social Status/Black Men & Boys; creates Council on Social Status of Black Men & Boys; provides for removal & replacement of members; requires council to make systematic study of conditions affecting black men & boys; requires council to submit annual report to Governor & Legislature; provides for reimbursement for per diem & travel expenses; requires Attorney General to organize initial meeting of council; provides for expiration of council, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00640; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00640; Substituted HB 21 -SJ 00640; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 21 (Ch. 2006-123)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children and Families; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 01/10/06, 2:00 pm, 301-S
• Favorable with 5 amendment(s) by Children and Families; YEAS 4 NAYS 1
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00070; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 01/10/06, 2:00 pm, 301-S; Favorable with 5 amendment(s) by Children and Families; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 00192; Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00192
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 03/22/06, 2:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00329; CS read first time on 03/29/06 -SJ 00333
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00329
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 37-S
• CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00581; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00583
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00640; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00640; Substituted HB 21 -SJ 00640; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 21 (Ch. 2006-123)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.