CS/SB 502: Students/Computers/Internet Access
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations ; Wilson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist ; Bullard
Students/Computers/Internet Access; creates program to offer discounted computers & Internet access to public school students in grades 5 through 12; requires DOE to negotiate terms with broadband Internet access providers; requires State Board of Education to adopt rules, including rules for provision of technical training to students; requires Digital Divide Council to implement pilot project to assist low-income students with purchasing discounted computers, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00644; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00644; Substituted HB 765 -SJ 00645; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 765 (Ch. 2006-137)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Commerce and Consumer Services; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/07/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/08/06, 9:30 am, 401-S
• Introduced, referred to Education; Commerce and Consumer Services; Education Appropriations -SJ 00075; On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/07/06, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00191; Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00191; On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/08/06, 9:30 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00229; Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00229
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 412-K
• CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00580; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00583
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00644; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00644; Substituted HB 765 -SJ 00645; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 765 (Ch. 2006-137)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.