CS/SB 640: Luring or Enticing Child
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Miller ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Klein
Luring or Enticing Child; defines term "convicted"; provides that person 18 years of age or older who intentionally lures or entices, or attempts to lure or entice, child under age of 12 into structure, dwelling, or conveyance for other than lawful purpose commits misdemeanor of first degree; authorizes law enforcement officer to arrest person without warrant if there is probable cause, etc. Amends 787.025, 775.21, 794.0115, 943.0435, 944.606,.607, 948.32, 901.15.
Last Action: 6/26/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-299
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 00083; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/06, 1:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00277; CS read first time on 03/22/06 -SJ 00304
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00277
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00316; Read second time -SJ 00315
• Read third time -SJ 00321; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00322
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01126
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 763 -HJ 01188; Read second time -HJ 01188; Read third time -HJ 01188; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01188
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-299
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.