CS/SB 646: Sexual & Career Offenders
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Campbell
Sexual & Career Offenders; revises definition of term "institution of higher education" to include career center; revises provisions re use of prior felonies for sexual predator determination; removes provisions allowing sexual predator to register at FDLE; revises provisions re definition of "sexual offender"; revises provision re offender's driver's license or identification card renewal, etc. Amends 775.21,.261, 943.0435, 944.606,.607.
Last Action: 6/13/2006 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor; Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-200
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/15/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00083; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/15/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S; CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00186; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 37-S
• Favorable by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 00374
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00374
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00501
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 00520; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00521; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00521
• Read third time -SJ 00556; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00556
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01127
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 327 -HJ 01188; Read second time -HJ 01188; Read third time -HJ 01188; CS passed; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 01189
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor; Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-200
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.