CS/SB 116: Robert A. Wise Military Protection Act [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Commerce ; Atwater ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pruitt ; Bennett ; Fasano ; Haridopolos ; Baker ; Jones ; Lawson ; Argenziano ; Deutch ; Alexander ; Aronberg ; Bullard ; Carlton ; Constantine ; Crist ; Dawson ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Dockery ; Gaetz ; Garcia ; Geller ; Hill ; Joyner ; Justice ; King ; Lynn ; Margolis ; Oelrich ; Peaden ; Posey ; Rich ; Ring ; Saunders ; Siplin ; Storms ; Villalobos ; Webster ; Wilson ; Wise
Robert A. Wise Military Protection Act [LPCC]; prohibits use of name or image of member of armed forces for certain purposes without obtaining consent in manner prescribed by applicable state law; defines term "member of armed forces"; provides penalties for such unauthorized use. Amends 540.08.
Last Action: 6/19/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-164
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military Affairs and Domestic Security; Commerce
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs and Domestic Security, 02/20/07, 10:30 am, 301-S
• Favorable by Military Affairs and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Commerce
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/07/07, 9:30 am, 401-S
• Introduced, referred to Military Affairs and Domestic Security; Commerce -SJ 00013; On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs and Domestic Security, 02/20/07, 10:30 am, 301-S; Favorable by Military Affairs and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00095; Now in Commerce -SJ 00095; On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/07/07, 9:30 am, 401-S
• CS by- Commerce; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00135; CS read 1st time on 03/15/07 -SJ 00160
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00135
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00403; Amendment(s) adopted (672252) -SJ 00403; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00403
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00427; Amendment(s) adopted (840908) -SJ 00427; CS passed as amended (840908); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00427
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00946
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for CS/HB 1159 -HJ 00991; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 00991; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00991
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00875
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-164
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.