CS/HB 1497: Abortion [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Healthcare Council ; Traviesa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Kreegel ; Murzin ; Proctor ; Snyder ; Legg ; Ford ; Williams, T. ; Weatherford ; Attkisson ; Precourt ; Ambler ; McKeel ; Altman ; Jordan ; Roberson, Y
Abortion [SPCC]; clarifies requirement that third trimester abortions be performed in hospital; provides that woman must certify in writing that she declined to review ultrasound & did so of her own free will & without undue influence; provides exemption to view ultrasound for women who are victims of rape, incest, domestic violence, or human trafficking or for women who have serious medical condition necessitating abortion, etc. Amends Ch. 390.
Last Action: 5/4/2007 Senate - In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00106
• Referred to Healthcare Council -HJ 00189
• On Council agenda-- Healthcare Council, 03/27/07, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by- Healthcare Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 00330
• CS read 1st time on 04/03/07 -HJ 00329; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00333
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00753; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00753
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00805; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00806; CS passed as amended; YEAS 71 NAYS 42 -HJ 00806
• In Messages; Received, referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary -SJ 00690
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Judiciary -SJ 01270; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1602 -SJ 01271; Read 2nd time -SJ 01271; Amendment(s) adopted (955878) -SJ 01271; Read 3rd time -SJ 01272; CS passed as amended (955878); YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 01272
• In returning messages; Was taken up -HJ 01399; Refused to concur, requested Senate to recede -HJ 01400
• In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.