CS/CS/SB 2038: Real Property Electronic Recording [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Operations ; Judiciary ; King
Real Property Electronic Recording [LPCC]; creates "Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act"; provides for validity of electronic documents re real property; provides for recording of electronic documents by county recorder; creates Electronic Recording Advisory Committee; provides that such electronic documents are subject to same taxes as paper documents; provides for electronic filing of certain required returns, etc. Creates 695.27, amends 201.01,.022.
Last Action: 6/27/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-233
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Governmental Operations -SJ 00130
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/27/07, 12:30 pm, 110-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 00284; CS read 1st time on 03/29/07 -SJ 00294
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00284
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/12/07, 2:30 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Community Affairs (243178, 181080); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00404
• Now in Governmental Operations -SJ 00404; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Operations, 04/18/07, 2:15 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by- Governmental Operations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00508; CS read 1st time on 04/20/07 -SJ 00512
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00508
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00538
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00578; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00578
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00952
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for CS/HB 747 -HJ 00999; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 00999; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00999
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00875
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-233
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.