HB 47: Student Loans/Attorneys
GENERAL BILL by Porth ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dick ; Scionti ; Needelman ; Nehr ; Zapata ; Roberson, Y
Student Loans/Attorneys; provides for financial assistance program administered by Justice Administrative Commission & Office of Attorney General to assist career assistant state attorney, assistant public defender, assistant attorney general, or assistant statewide prosecutor in repayment of eligible student loans; provides elements of program; requires administering body to make payment of certain amount; provides for funding, etc. Creates 43.45.
Last Action: 5/4/2007 House - Died in Safety & Security Council
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council
• On Committee agenda-- Courts (SS), 03/07/07, 9:00 am, 306-H
• Introduced, referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00013; Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00115; On Committee agenda-- Courts (SS), 03/07/07, 9:00 am, 306-H
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Courts (SS); YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -HJ 00177; Now in Safety & Security Council -HJ 00177
• Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00210
• Referral to Courts (SS) revoked by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00210; Now in Safety & Security Council
• Died in Safety & Security Council
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.