CS/SB 574: School Districts [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Bennett ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Crist
School Districts [SPCC]; (THIS BILL COMBINES S574 & CS/S1228) provides criteria for designating academically high-performing school districts; provides exceptions for such districts to be exempt from certain statutes & rules; provides for notice concerning property & casualty insurance costs; provides criteria for using district school tax funds; authorizes use of funds for specified purposes, etc. Creates 1003.621; amends 200.065, 1011.71.
Last Action: 5/1/2007 Senate - Read 3rd time -SJ 00740; Amendment(s) adopted (045182) -SJ 00740; Substituted CS/HB 511 -SJ 00740; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 511 (Ch. 2007-194) -SJ 00740
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Finance and Tax; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Finance and Tax; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00038
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/14/07, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00132; Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 00132
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 04/13/07, 8:30 am, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Finance and Tax (063580); YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00404; Now in Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00404; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 04/17/07, 9:00 am, 301-S
• CS combines this bill with CS/SB 1228 -SJ 00439; Combined CS additional reference(s): Rules -SJ 00439; CS by Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00439; CS read 1st time on 04/18/07 -SJ 00442; Remaining combined CS references: Rules -SJ 00439
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00611; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00611
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00740; Amendment(s) adopted (045182) -SJ 00740; Substituted CS/HB 511 -SJ 00740; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 511 (Ch. 2007-194) -SJ 00740
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.