CS/HB 7147: Postsecondary Education [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Schools & Learning Council ; Pickens ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Mealor
Postsecondary Education [SPCC]; requires Office of Economic & Demographic Research to conduct study of certain enrollment forecasting models; requires DOE to conduct review of certain courses in statewide course numbering system & update system as appropriate; establishes Fla. Business & Education Collaborative; revises provisions re community college submission of proposals to deliver baccalaureate degree programs, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 6/27/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-246; See also CS/CS/SB 1270 (Ch. 2007-217)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Introduced -HJ 00345
• Referred to Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00395; On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/13/07, 10:00 am, 212-K
• CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 28 NAYS 0 -HJ 00462
• CS read 1st time on 04/16/07 -HJ 00460; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00492
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00546; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00546
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00599; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00599; CS passed as amended; YEAS 103 NAYS 8 -HJ 00599
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Higher Education; Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 00571
• Withdrawn from Higher Education; Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 00626; Substituted for CS/SB 1570 -SJ 00626; Read 2nd time -SJ 00626; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00626
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00695; CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 0 -SJ 00696
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01073; Amendment(s) reconsidered, withdrawn -HJ 01096; Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended -HJ 01069, -HJ 01096; CS passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01096
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01264; CS passed as amended (212421); YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01267
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01445
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-246; See also CS/CS/SB 1270 (Ch. 2007-217)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.