SB 720: Adam Arnold Act/DUI [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Crist
Adam Arnold Act/DUI [EPCC]; requires court to sentence driver of vehicle to minimum term of imprisonment if person is DUI & leaves scene of crash that results in death; requires court to order driver of vehicle to make restitution to victim for any damage or loss if driver leaves scene of accident that results in injury or death; requires court to make payment of restitution condition of probation, etc. Amends 316.027,.193, 921.0021.
Last Action: 5/1/2007 Senate - Substituted HB 25 -SJ 00743; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 25 (Ch. 2007-211) -SJ 00743
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00046
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 04/09/07, 1:15 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00327
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00327
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/17/07, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00438
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00438; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/23/07, 1:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00543
• Now in Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00543
• Withdrawn from Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00590; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00727
• Substituted HB 25 -SJ 00743; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 25 (Ch. 2007-211) -SJ 00743
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.