CS/HB 741: Court Costs
GENERAL BILL by Safety & Security Council ; Reagan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Proctor ; McKeel ; Kreegel
Court Costs; increases court cost assessed against any person convicted of violating state penal or criminal statute or convicted of violating municipal or county ordinance; increases amount deducted from every bond estreature or forfeited bail bond re such penal statutes or ordinances that is remitted to DOR; amends specified provisions re civil penalties for noncriminal traffic & boating infractions, etc. Amends 938.01,.30, 318.18, 327.73.
Last Action: 5/4/2007 House - Died in Policy & Budget Council
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council
• Introduced, referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00056; Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00125
• On Committee agenda-- Courts (SS), 03/21/07, 8:00 am, 216-C
• Favorable by Courts (SS); YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00245; Now in Safety & Security Council -HJ 00245
• On Council agenda-- Safety & Security Council, 04/18/07, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Safety & Security Council; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00570
• CS read 1st time on 04/20/07 -HJ 00566; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00584
• Died in Policy & Budget Council
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.