CS/SB 746: Workers' Compensation/First Responders [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Alexander ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Atwater ; Gaetz ; Fasano ; Justice
Workers' Compensation/First Responders [EPCC]; provides standard of proof for first responders having injury or disease caused by exposure to toxic substance; provides that any adverse result or complication re smallpox vaccinations is an injury by accident arising out of employment; provides standard of proof in cases involving occupational disease; provides for continuation of permanent total supplemental benefits after age of 62 for certain first responders, etc. Creates 112.1815.
Last Action: 6/8/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-87
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Governmental Operations; General Government Appropriations
• References corrected to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Operations; General Government Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Operations; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00047
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/20/07, 9:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00215
• Now in Governmental Operations -SJ 00215
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Operations, 03/29/07, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Operations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00328
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00328
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/17/07, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00440; CS read 1st time on 04/18/07 -SJ 00442
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00501; Amendment(s) adopted (110654) -SJ 00501; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00502
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00529; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00529
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00948
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for CS/HB 45 -HJ 00992; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 00992; CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 2 -HJ 00992
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00875
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-87
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.