SB 750: Biomedical Research [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Geller ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Deutch ; Rich ; Ring ; Dawson ; Joyner ; Aronberg
Biomedical Research [SPCC]; revises uses for funds credited to Biomedical Research Trust Fund; creates Fla. Better Quality of Life & Biomedical Research Act; creates Stem Cell Research Advisory Council; creates Biomedical Ethics Advisory Council to regulate research procedures & enforce ethical guidelines; provides for grants-in-aid program for purpose of conducting embryonic, amniotic, or human adult stem cell research, etc. Amends 20.435, 381.86; creates 381.99. APPROPRIATION.
Last Action: 5/4/2007 Senate - Died in Committee on Criminal Justice
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Commerce; Higher Education; Criminal Justice; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Health Policy; Commerce; Higher Education; Criminal Justice; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00048
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/27/07, 3:15 pm, 301-S
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00257
• Now in Commerce -SJ 00257
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 04/16/07, 1:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Commerce (790498); YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 00438
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 00438
• Withdrawn from Higher Education -SJ 00490; Now in Criminal Justice
• Died in Committee on Criminal Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.