CS/CS/HB 1025: Compensation for Wrongful Incarceration
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Safety & Security Council ; Bogdanoff ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Schwartz ; Williams, T.
Compensation for Wrongful Incarceration; Creates "Victims of Wrongful Incarceration Compensation Act"; provides that person who has been wrongfully convicted of felony offense & incarcerated within DOC as result of that conviction may be financially compensated if determined to be eligible; provides conditions which constitute eligibility for compensation under act; defines term "actually innocent"; provides for judicial finding of eligibility, amount of compensation, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2008 House - Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 756; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/CS/SB 756 (Ch. 2008-39) -HJ 01818
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Introduced, referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00081
• On Council agenda-- Safety & Security Council, 03/12/08, 2:10 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Safety & Security Council; YEAS 11 NAYS 4 -HJ 00293
• CS read 1st time on 03/14/08 -HJ 00291; CS filed; Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00292; On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 03/18/08, 3:15 pm, 212-K
• CS/CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 17 NAYS 9 -HJ 00319
• CS read 1st time on 03/21/08 -HJ 00317; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00323
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Retained on Calendar
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 756; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/CS/SB 756 (Ch. 2008-39) -HJ 01818
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.