CS/CS/SB 1380: Electronic Gaming Machines
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax ; Regulated Industries ; Jones ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King
Electronic Gaming Machines; Provides that any electronic gaming machine licensee may possess and operate electronic gaming machines at an eligible facility where the licensee is authorized to conduct pari-mutuel wagering activities pursuant to pari-mutuel provisions. Prohibits a person who has not attained 21 years of age from operating or playing an electronic gaming machine or having access to the designated machine area, etc. APPROPRIATION.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 House - Died in Government Efficiency & Accountability Council
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Referred to Regulated Industries; Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/06/08, 12:45 pm, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 1
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Finance and Tax; On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/21/08, 1:30 pm, 301-S
• CS/CS by- Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 1
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Finance and Tax -SJ 00085; On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/06/08, 12:45 pm, 110-S; CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 00131; CS read 1st time on 03/04/08 -SJ 00127; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 00131; On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/21/08, 1:30 pm, 301-S; CS/CS by- Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 00132; CS read 1st time on 03/04/08 -SJ 00127; Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00132
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00196
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00257; CS passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 11 -SJ 00258
• In Messages
• Referred to Government Efficiency & Accountability Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00322
• Received -HJ 00322
• Died in Government Efficiency & Accountability Council
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.