CS/CS/CS/SB 2026: Sexual Offenders and Predators [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Criminal Justice ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist ; Fasano ; Baker
Sexual Offenders and Predators [LPCC]; Requires sexual offenders and predators to provide home telephone numbers and any cellular telephone numbers as part of the registration and reregistration process. Specifies what sexual predator and offender information and features must be available on the Internet. Requires that the FDLE be notified of the home telephone number and any cellular telephone number of a juvenile sexual offender released after serving a period of residential commitment, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00120
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/11/08, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00249; CS read 1st time on 03/12/08 -SJ 00253
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Judiciary -SJ 00249
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/25/08, 12:45 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 00391; CS read 1st time on 04/02/08 -SJ 00403
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00391
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/22/08, 10:00 am, 37-S
• CS/CS/CS by- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 00819; CS read 1st time on 04/24/08 -SJ 00821
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00820
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00964; Amendment(s) adopted (605918) -SJ 00964; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00964
• Read 3rd time -SJ 01002; Amendment(s) adopted (775714) -SJ 01002; CS passed as amended (775714); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01002
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01694; Read 2nd time -HJ 01694; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01694; Read 3rd time -HJ 01695; CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 01695
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.