CS/HB 223: Missing Persons
GENERAL BILL by Safety & Security Council ; Jenne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adams ; Bucher ; Carroll ; Fitzgerald ; Ford ; Galvano ; Gardiner ; Gibbons ; Holder ; Hudson ; Hukill ; Nehr ; Porth ; Robaina ; Scionti ; Soto ; Traviesa
Missing Persons; Requires law enforcement agencies to adopt written policies & procedures for investigating missing child & adult reports; provides that missing child or adult may not be removed from specified databases based solely on person's age; requires law enforcement agency having jurisdiction to accept & file report; provides timeframe for transmitting report; provides immunity from civil liability for certain persons providing information in good faith, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 House - Died in Policy & Budget Council, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 502 (Ch. 2008-162)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS) by Safety & Security Council
• On Committee agenda-- Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS), 01/09/08, 2:15 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS); YEAS 10 NAYS 0; Now in Safety & Security Council
• Introduced, referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00023; Referred to Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00128; On Committee agenda-- Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS), 01/09/08, 2:15 pm, Reed Hall; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00138; Now in Safety & Security Council -HJ 00138
• On Council agenda-- Safety & Security Council, 04/09/08, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Safety & Security Council; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 00517
• CS read 1st time on 04/14/08 -HJ 00505; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00525
• Died in Policy & Budget Council, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 502 (Ch. 2008-162)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.