SB 642: School/Multiple Birth Siblings/Classroom Placement [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Siplin ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ring ; Baker
School/Multiple Birth Siblings/Classroom Placement [SPCC]; Defines "multiple birth siblings" as twins, triplets, quadruplets, or other siblings resulting from a multiple birth. Gives parents the right to request the same or separate classrooms in the same grade level for said siblings. Specifies that the provisions of this bill do not apply to the rights or obligations of exceptional or disabled students or the removal of students pursuant to discipline policies, etc.
Last Action: 6/23/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-210
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00040
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/26/08, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00372
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00372
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 04/08/08, 1:30 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00478; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00479
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00680
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00709; Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00709
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01919; Read 2nd time -HJ 01919; Substituted for CS/HB 185 -HJ 01920; Read 3rd time -HJ 01920; Passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01920
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01719
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.