CS/CS/SB 672: Wrecker Services [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Commerce ; Crist
Wrecker Services [EPCC]; Provides for regulatory oversight of wrecker services by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DOACS). Creates the Wrecker Operator Advisory Council within the DOACS. Requires the DOACS to establish a certification program for wrecker operators. Requires each certification course to offer optional specialized wrecker services instruction, training, and examinations, etc. APPROPRIATION: $693,000.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died in Committee on General Government Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Commerce; Criminal Justice; General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/19/08, 1:45 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Transportation (747044, 641410); YEAS 6 NAYS 1
• Now in Community Affairs
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Commerce; Criminal Justice; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00041; On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/19/08, 1:45 pm, 37-S; Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Transportation (747044, 641410); YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 00130; Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00130
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/19/08, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 4 amendment(s) by Community Affairs (914796, 573454, 366142, 765086); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00344
• Now in Commerce -SJ 00344
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 04/01/08, 9:30 am, 401-S
• CS by Commerce; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00391; CS read 1st time on 04/02/08 -SJ 00394
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00391; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/08/08, 10:45 am, 401-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/16/08, 3:30 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00686; CS read 1st time on 04/17/08 -SJ 00687
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00686
• Died in Committee on General Government Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.