CS/CS/SB 704: Open Government Act/Administrative Procedures [RPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Bennett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Open Government Act/Administrative Procedures [RPCC]; Revises the guidelines for the construction of statutory language granting rulemaking authority. Provides additional procedures for rule-adoption hearings. Requires electronic publication of the Florida Administrative Code. Requires that certain administrative proceedings be terminated and subsequently reinstated under different provisions of law if a disputed issue of material fact arises, etc. APPROPRIATION.
Last Action: 6/10/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-104
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Operations; Judiciary; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Operations, 01/24/08, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Operations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Operations; Judiciary; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00044; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Operations, 01/24/08, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable by Governmental Operations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00130; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00130
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/08, 2:00 pm, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/25/08, 12:45 pm, 110-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00392; CS read 1st time on 04/02/08 -SJ 00395
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00392
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/15/08, 2:15 pm, 309-C
• CS/CS by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00619; CS read 1st time on 04/16/08 -SJ 00623
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00797; Read 3rd time -SJ 00797; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00797; Immediately certified -SJ 00797
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00864
• Substituted for HB 7127 -HJ 01038; Read 2nd time -HJ 01038; Read 3rd time -HJ 01038; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01038
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00979
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-104
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.