SB 2: Class Size Requirements for Public Schools [WPSC]
JOINT RESOLUTION by Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Thrasher ; Detert ; Wise ; Bennett ; Fasano ; Richter ; Haridopolos ; Baker ; Negron ; Dean ; Gardiner ; Constantine ; Oelrich ; Ring ; Siplin ; Alexander ; Peaden ; Storms ; Lynn
Class Size Requirements for Public Schools [WPSC]; Proposes amendments to the State Constitution to revise class size requirements for public schools and to provide an effective date.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/16/10, 4:00 pm, 301-S
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 1
• Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means
• On Committee agenda-- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means, 03/04/10, 10:15 am, 412-K
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00013; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/16/10, 4:00 pm, 301-S; Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 00163; Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00163; On Committee agenda-- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means, 03/04/10, 10:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable by- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; YEAS 15 NAYS 8 -SJ 00189; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00189
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00314
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00338; Passed; YEAS 26 NAYS 12 -SJ 00339
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 00480; Referred to Calendar -HJ 00480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HJR 7039 -HJ 00614; Read 2nd time -HJ 00614; Amendment(s) failed -HJ 00614
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00632; Amendment(s) failed -HJ 00633; Passed; YEAS 77 NAYS 41 -HJ 00634
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00576
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 5101 (Ch. 2010-154)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.