CS/HB 107: Local Government Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Smith ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Costello ; Mayfield ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda
Local Government Accountability; Revises provisions relating to procedures for declaring special districts inactive; specifies level of detail required for local governmental entity's proposed budget; revises provisions for local governmental entity's audit & annual financial reports; requires local governmental entity's budget to be posted online; revises budgetary guidelines for district school boards.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 224 (Ch. 2011-144) -HJ 1101
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 02/09/11, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 150
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 150
• Introduced -HJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/23/11, 8:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 325
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 320
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 338
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 338
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/31/11, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 399
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 959
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1000
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 224 (Ch. 2011-144) -HJ 1101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.