CS/HB 1329: McKay Scholarships/Students with Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee ; Bileca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Artiles ; Burgin ; Corcoran ; Ford ; Gaetz ; McKeel ; Nunez ; Plakon ; Stargel ; Van Zant ; Young
McKay Scholarships/Students with Disabilities; Makes scholarships available to students with disabilities who have 504 accommodation plan issued under federal law; allows parent to request & receive scholarship for student to enroll in & attend private school if student has 504 accommodation plan; provides that students with certain temporary 504 accommodation plans are ineligible for scholarship; provides that parent may choose to enroll student in public school in adjacent district under certain conditions; provides for scholarship amounts.
• Introduced -HJ 120
• Referred to K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/28/11, 3:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 391
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 389
• CS by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 387
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/08/11, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 601
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/13/11, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 644
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 644
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 865
• Read 3rd time -HJ 865
• CS passed; YEAS 98 NAYS 17 -HJ 865
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 576
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 576
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 602
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1656 -SJ 602
• Read 2nd time -SJ 602
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 626
• CS passed; YEAS 28 NAYS 9 -SJ 626
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1004
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-127
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.