CS/SB 1590: Medical Malpractice
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Medical Malpractice; Requires the Department of Health to issue expert witness certificates to certain physicians and dentists licensed outside the state. Provides application and certification requirements. Requires the Board of Medicine and the Board of Osteopathic Medicine to adopt within a specified period certain patient forms specifying cataract surgery risks. Provides that a volunteer team physician is not liable for civil damages unless treatment was rendered in a wrongful manner, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 479 (Ch. 2011-233) -SJ 727
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 177
• Introduced -SJ 177
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/30/11, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -SJ 322
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/12/11, 9:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 469
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 488
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 606
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11 -SJ 614
• Read 2nd time -SJ 670
• Amendment(s) adopted (101794, 372048, 391804, 525928, 653180, 661722, 729322, 730546, 831356, 939424) -SJ 671
• Amendment(s) failed (178504, 359742, 902516) -SJ 672
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 672
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 726
• Amendment(s) adopted (170844, 339318) -SJ 727
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 479 -SJ 727
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 479 (Ch. 2011-233) -SJ 727
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.