CS/SB 1884: Consumer Protection
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Gaetz
Consumer Protection; Prohibits certain third-party sellers from engaging in certain transactions over the Internet with consumers engaged in transactions with certain merchants except under certain circumstances. Requires certain disclosures to consumers. Requires a consumer's express informed consent for charges. Authorizes consumers to cancel goods and services and avoid charges. Provides that violations are unfair or deceptive trade practices. Provides penalties and remedies for violations.
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Budget -SJ 239
• Introduced -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/12/11, 9:15 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 470
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 493
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 602
• Read 3rd time -SJ 602
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 602
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1018
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1018
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1065
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1123
• Amendment(s) adopted (826643) -HJ 1123
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 1124
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (826643) -SJ 846
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 847
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 847
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-156
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.