SB 330: Violations of the Florida Election Code
GENERAL BILL by Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Oelrich
Violations of the Florida Election Code; Provides that a candidate who, in a primary or other election, falsely represents that he or she served or is currently serving in the military, commits a violation of the Florida Election Code. Requires that the commission adopt rules to provide for an expedited hearing for complaints filed with the commission. Requires that the Director of the Division of Administrative Hearings assign an administrative law judge to provide an expedited hearing in certain cases, etc.
- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; Rules; Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections, 01/26/11, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Now in Rules -SJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/24/11, 1:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Now in Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/10/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 33
• Favorable by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 204
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/23/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 286
• Now in Budget -SJ 286
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/31/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 04/06/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 362
• Read 3rd time -SJ 362
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 362
• Immediately certified -SJ 362
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1008
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1008
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1064
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1119
• Passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 4 -HJ 1119
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-148
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.