CS/SB 438: Injunctions for Protection Against Violence
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Hill
Injunctions for Protection Against Violence; Subject to available funding, directs the Florida Association of Court Clerks and Comptrollers to develop an automated process by which a petitioner for an injunction for protection may request notification of service of the injunction or notice of other court actions related to the injunction. Requires that notice be given to the petitioner within a specified time. Provides for the content of the notice.
Last Action: 4/29/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 563 (Ch. 2011-187) -SJ 591
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 40
• Introduced -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 227
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 299
• Now in Budget -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 591
• Amendment(s) adopted (583392) -SJ 591
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 563 -SJ 591
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 563 (Ch. 2011-187) -SJ 591
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.