SB 514: Vehicle Crashes Involving Death
GENERAL BILL by Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz de la Portilla
Vehicle Crashes Involving Death; Cites this act as the "Ashley Nicole Valdes Act." Requires a defendant who was arrested for leaving the scene of a crash involving death be held in custody until brought before a judge for admittance to bail in certain circumstances. Reenacts provision relating to the Criminal Punishment Code, to incorporate the amendments made to provision in a reference thereto.
Last Action: 4/29/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 347 (Ch. 2011-80) -SJ 592
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 45
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 185
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 269
• Now in Budget -SJ 269
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/31/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 592
• Substituted HB 347 -SJ 592
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 347 (Ch. 2011-80) -SJ 592
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.