CS/SB 546: Dentists
GENERAL BILL by Health Regulation ; Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel ; Gaetz ; Latvala
Dentists; Prohibits contracts between health insurers and dentists from containing certain fee requirements set by the insurer under certain circumstances. Prohibits a contract from containing a provision that prohibits a dentist from billing a patient the difference between the amount reimbursed by the insurer and the dentist's normal rate for services under certain circumstances. Prohibits contracts between prepaid limited health service organizations and dentists from containing certain fee requirements set by the organization under certain circumstances, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/09/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 48
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 163
• Now in Health Regulation -SJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Regulation read 1st time -SJ 313
• Now in Budget -SJ 308
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Budget
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.