SB 626: Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics, Inc.
GENERAL BILL by Thrasher ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Dean ; Sobel ; Oelrich
Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics, Inc.; Clarifies provisions relating to references to the corporation known as Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics, Inc. Clarifies provisions regarding the purpose of the corporation. Authorizes the corporation to create corporate subsidiaries and affiliates. Provides that Shands Teaching Hospital and Clinics, Inc., Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, Inc., Shands Jacksonville Healthcare, Inc., and any not-for-profit subsidiary of such entities are instrumentalities of the state for purposes of sovereign immunity.
Last Action: 4/27/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 395 (Ch. 2011-114) -SJ 522
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 52
• Introduced -SJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 269
• Now in Budget -SJ 269
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/31/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 516, 522
• Amendment(s) adopted (642032) -SJ 522
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 395 -SJ 522
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 395 (Ch. 2011-114) -SJ 522
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.