CS/SB 664: Missing Person Investigations/Silver Alert
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Benacquisto ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Negron ; Margolis ; Smith ; Dockery ; Evers ; Dean
Missing Person Investigations/Silver Alert; Provides that certain specified persons are immune from civil liability for damages for complying with the request to release Silver Alert information to appropriate agencies. Authorizes only the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction over a case to request that the Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse activate a state Silver Alert involving a missing adult who is suspected by a law enforcement agency of meeting the criteria for activation of the Silver Alert Plan, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 54
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice (901184); YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 185
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 314
• Now in Budget -SJ 308
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 540
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 632
• Read 3rd time -SJ 632
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 632
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1011
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1011
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1065
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1125
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1125
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-218
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.