SB 758: Driver Improvement Schools and Education Programs
GENERAL BILL by Sobel
Driver Improvement Schools and Education Programs; Requires the curricula of driver improvement schools and education programs for driver's license applicants to include instruction on the risks associated with using a handheld electronic communication device while operating a motor vehicle.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Transportation; Education Pre-K - 12; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Budget -SJ 60
• Original reference(s) removed: Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities
• References corrected to Transportation; Education Pre-K - 12; Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/09/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 60
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 185
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 -SJ 185
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.