CS/SB 1314: Career-themed Courses
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gardiner
Career-themed Courses; Revising provisions relating to the Florida Career and Professional Education Act; requiring that each district school board, in collaboration with regional workforce boards, economic development agencies, and postsecondary institutions, develop a strategic 3-year plan addressing and meeting local and regional workforce demands; revising the requirements of the strategic 3-year plan to include career-themed courses and specified strategies; revising provisions relating to the computation of the annual allocation of funds to each school district for operation, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Commerce and Tourism; Budget -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/24/12, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/02/12, 3:15 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 333
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Recalled from Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 744
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/01/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/02/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 805
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.