CS/CS/SB 1620: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Insurance; Providing that a salvage motor vehicle dealer is not required to carry certain insurance on vehicles that cannot be legally operated on roads, highways, or streets; revising a provision exempting alien insurers from the requirement to obtain a certificate of authority; authorizing corporation not for profit self-insurance funds that are required to maintain a continuing program of excess insurance coverage and reserve evaluation to purchase excess insurance from eligible surplus lines insurers or reinsurers, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151), CS/CS/HB 119 (Ch. 2012-197), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181) -SJ 1040
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 222
• Introduced -SJ 222
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 335
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 349
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 756
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1038
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1101 -SJ 1040
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151), CS/CS/HB 119 (Ch. 2012-197), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181) -SJ 1040
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.