SJR 408: Revising Age Limits for Judges and Justices
JOINT RESOLUTION by Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Revising Age Limits for Judges and Justices; Proposing amendments to the State Constitution to increase the age after which a justice or judge may no longer serve in a judicial office, to provide for the amendment to apply to justices and judges appointed on or after a specified date, and to provide an effective date, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget -SJ 37
• Introduced -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Budget -SJ 252
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 268
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 01/31/12, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Now in Budget -SJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 694
• Amendment(s) adopted (385788) -SJ 694
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 694
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 713
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 713
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.