SB 486: Jurisdiction of the Courts
GENERAL BILL by Diaz de la Portilla ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Jurisdiction of the Courts; Including as an additional basis for subjecting a person to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state provisions which state that a person submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state by entering into a contract that designates the law of this state as the law governing the contract and that contains a provision by which such person agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state; clarifying that an arbitral tribunal receiving a request for an interim measure to preserve evidence in a dispute governed by the Florida International Commercial Arbitration Act need consider only to the extent appropriate the potential harm that may occur if the measure is not awarded or the possibility that the requesting party will succeed on the merits of the claim; revising application dates of provisions relating to the jurisdiction of the courts, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 913
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 12/07/11, 9:30 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/12/12, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 44
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Budget -SJ 135
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 161
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 01/24/12, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 263
• Now in Budget -SJ 263
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 726
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 913
• Amendment(s) adopted (159204) -SJ 913
• Substituted HB 917 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 913
• Laid on Table -SJ 913
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.