CS/SB 488: Animal Control or Cruelty Ordinances
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Rich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Sobel
Animal Control or Cruelty Ordinances; Authorizing a county or municipality enacting an ordinance relating to animal control or cruelty to impose a specified surcharge on the civil penalty for violations of the ordinance; specifying use of the proceeds of the surcharge; prohibiting the governing body of a county or municipality from charging owners of animals more than a certain amount for the spaying or neutering of their animals in specified circumstances; authorizing the animal control authority to allocate certain excess funds to the program to spay and neuter cats and dogs; providing for construction, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/05/11, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/12/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 44
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 249
• Now in Budget -SJ 214
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 255
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 01/31/12, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Now in Budget -SJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 694
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 714
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 714
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.