SB 638: Florida Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention Authority
GENERAL BILL by Hays
Florida Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention Authority; Repealing provisions relating to the Florida Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention Authority; repealing provisions relating to a short title, purpose, definitions, establishment, compensation of members, personnel, powers and duties, and expenditures, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations (BTA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/05/11, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/12/12, 10:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 54
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Budget -SJ 135
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 160
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations, 01/25/12, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/01/12, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 314
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 314
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 321
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 345
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 345
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1101
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Received -HJ 1101
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1115
• Substituted for HB 4073 -HJ 1115
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1154
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1154
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 958
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-103
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.