CS/HB 7023: Regional Workforce Boards
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Business and Consumer Affairs Subcommittee ; Brodeur ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dorworth ; Holder ; Plakon ; Precourt
Regional Workforce Boards; Requires certain funds to be expended on Individual Training Accounts; revises items that qualify as account expenditures; amends & reenacts provisions relating to restrictions on use of state & federal funds provided to regional workforce boards & contracts between regional workforce boards & members of regional workforce boards; provides for maximum board membership; provides additional membership requirements; authorizes Governor to remove board members for cause; requires DEO to assign staff for performance & compliance review; requires each board to develop budget for certain purposes, subject to approval of chief elected official, & submit budget to Workforce Florida, Inc.; requires Workforce Florida, Inc., to evaluate means to establish single, statewide workforce-system brand for state; deletes expiration of provision providing that participants in adult or youth work experience activities are employees of state for purposes of workers' compensation coverage.
Last Action: 3/28/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-29, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1996 (Ch. 2012-127)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 159
• Introduced -HJ 159
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 01/12/12, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 6 -HJ 237
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 236
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 235
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 440
• Amendment(s) adopted (062405, 081289, 617757, 620297, 751173) -HJ 440
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 475
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 95 NAYS 19 -HJ 475
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 863
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 863
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1005
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1005
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1398 -SJ 1005
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1005
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1005
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1005
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1245
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-29, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1996 (Ch. 2012-127)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.