SJR 720: Miami-Dade County Home Rule Charter
JOINT RESOLUTION by Garcia
Miami-Dade County Home Rule Charter; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to authorize amendments or revisions to the home rule charter of Miami-Dade County by special law approved by a vote of the electors; providing requirements for a bill proposing such a special law; authorizing the Miami-Dade County charter to provide for fixed term limits of commissioners, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 62
• Introduced -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/30/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 499
• Now in Budget -SJ 499
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 805
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.