CS/HB 75: Freeholder Voting
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Davis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins
Freeholder Voting; Deletes current process & creates new process by which elector may establish that he or she is freeholder & qualified to vote in election or referendum limited to freeholders who are qualified to vote.
Last Action: 3/6/2012 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 116 (Ch. 2012-156) -HJ 1116
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 11/16/11, 1:30 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 174
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 169
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 12/07/11, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 175
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 175
• Introduced -HJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/12/12, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 161
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 218
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Substituted CS/SB 116
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 116 (Ch. 2012-156) -HJ 1116
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.