CS/SB 770: Exemptions from Local Business Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Hays
Exemptions from Local Business Taxes; Specifying that an individual licensed and operating as a broker associate or sales associate is not required to apply for an exemption from a local business tax or take certain actions relating to a local business tax; prohibiting a local governing authority from holding such exempt individual liable for the failure of a principal or employer to comply with certain obligations related to a local business tax or from requiring the exempt individual to take certain actions related to a local business tax; prohibiting a local governing authority from requiring a principal or employer to provide personal or contact information for such exempt individuals in order to obtain a local business tax receipt, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7125 (Ch. 2012-102) -SJ 991
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Budget -SJ 65
• Introduced -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/06/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 325
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries -SJ 556
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 674
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/28/12, 11:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 722
• Now in Budget -SJ 722
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 723
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 991
• Substituted HB 7125 -SJ 991
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7125 (Ch. 2012-102) -SJ 991
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.