CS/HB 827: Limited Agricultural Associations
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Porter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Van Zant ; Williams, T.
Limited Agricultural Associations; Provides for conversion of limited agricultural associations to corporations not for profit; specifies fee for filing limited agricultural association's certificate of conversion to domestic corporation; provides procedures for conversion of limited agricultural association to domestic corporation not for profit; requires filing of certificate of conversion & articles of incorporation with DOS; provides for effective date of conversion; provides that conversion does not affect any obligation or liability of association; provides that all rights, property, & obligations of association are vested in corporation; specifies that association is not required to wind up its affairs or pay its liabilities & distribute its assets; provides for association's approval before certificate of conversion is filed; authorizes association to provide plan or other record of conversion.
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 81
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/11/12, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 81
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 227
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 247
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 225
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 322
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 549
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 549
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 731
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 785
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 785
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 821
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Agriculture; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 821
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Agriculture; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1191
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1191
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 222 -SJ 1191
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1191
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1191
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1191
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1714
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-71
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.