CS/HB 1077: Veterans' Charitable Organizations or Sponsors
GENERAL BILL by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee ; Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith
Veterans' Charitable Organizations or Sponsors; Provides that is it unlawful for person in connection with planning, conduct, or execution of solicitation or charitable or sponsor sales promotion to falsely state that he or she is member of or represents veterans' charitable organization or sponsor in certain circumstances or is member of or represents law enforcement or emergency service organization; subjects violators to penalties.
Last Action: 4/30/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 390 (Ch. 2013-126) -HJ 1011
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 106
• Referred to Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 199
• On Committee agenda-- Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 359
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 381
• Original reference(s) removed: Criminal Justice Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 402
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/09/13, 2:30 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 472
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 472
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 665
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 665
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 390 -HJ 1011
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 390 (Ch. 2013-126) -HJ 1011
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.