CS/SB 1172: Land Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Simmons
Land Trusts; Providing requirements relating to vesting of ownership in a trustee; prohibiting the operation of the statute of uses to execute a land trust or to vest the trust property under certain conditions; prohibiting the operation of the doctrine of merger to execute a land trust or to vest the trust property under certain conditions; providing that a trustee’s legal and equitable title to the trust property is separate and distinct from the beneficiary’s beneficial interest in the land trust and the trust property; revising and providing scope of the Florida Trust Code, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 229 (Ch. 2013-240) -SJ 607
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 87
• Introduced -SJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 209
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 209
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/02/13, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules -SJ 278
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/13, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 606
• Amendment(s) adopted (181820) -SJ 607
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 229 -SJ 607
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 229 (Ch. 2013-240) -SJ 607
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.