CS/SB 142: Intellectual Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Altman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel ; Bradley
Intellectual Disabilities; Substituting the Arc of Florida for the Association for Retarded Citizens for purposes of certain proceedings relating to children; substituting the term “intellectual disability” for the term “mental retardation”; clarifying in specified provisions that the meaning of the terms “intellectual disability” or “intellectually disabled” is the same as the meaning of the terms “mental retardation,” “retarded,” and “mentally retarded” for purposes of matters relating to the criminal laws and court rules, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/06/13, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 16
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 156
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/13, 12:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 279
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 397
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 397
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 445
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 554
• CS passed; YEAS 32 NAYS 0 -SJ 554
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 911
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 911
• Read 2nd time -HJ 964
• Substituted for HB 1119 -HJ 964
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1003
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 1003
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-162
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.