CS/SB 164: Children in Foster Care
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Detert ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel ; Stargel
Children in Foster Care; Creating the “Quality-Parenting for Children in Foster Care Act”; establishing and providing for the application of a “reasonable and prudent parent” standard; providing for the application of the reasonable and prudent parent standard to independent living transition services; specifying that Department of Children and Families rules must reflect the considerations of the reasonable and prudent parent standard, etc.
Last Action: 3/27/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 215 (Ch. 2013-21) -SJ 260
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/05/13, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Judiciary -SJ 111
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 114
• Introduced -SJ 117
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 209
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 209
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 228
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 260
• Substituted CS/HB 215 -SJ 260
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 215 (Ch. 2013-21) -SJ 260
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.